Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my family's favorite apple desserts. I've had this recipe for years, but can't remember where I found it.
- 2 apples, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup nuts (your choice)
- Cook apples in butter, sugar and lemon juice until tender.
- Spoon apples and syrup in dessert dishes.
- Top with ice cream and nuts.
Simple, quick and delicious. We loved it! Thanks, Dreamgoddess, for posting!
Only made half of this recipe for the two of us. Absolutely perfect dessert and I liked that it was not too sweet. Like having apple pie without the crust. Didn't see the need for the nuts, so left them off. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, DG.
This was a very quick and tasty dessert! think next time, for added flare, I might try making a crumble to sprinkle over the top of it to add some glam to the recipe...and serve it to guests at some point! Thanks for the recipe! :-)