Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really easy and it's so good--the whole family will love it.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples (peeled and sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- Mix first seven ingredients together in a casserole dish.
- For the sauce:
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, butter, and boiling water together.
- The boiling water should be enough to melt the butter.
- Pour sauce over apple mixture and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 375°F.
Very good apple pudding. First time making a dessert like this wasnt sure what to expect, but it turned out very saucy! Mine baked up nicely in 40 minutes. I used a 2.8 litre oval baking dish, found it was plenty big enough. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for My-3-Chefs.