Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so so wonderful on a cool autumn day. Be careful not to burn them when broiling.
- 16 slices pie filling apples
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4 slices medium cheddar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine apples and cinnamon.
- Place cheese on the outside of 4 slices of toast.
- Spoon apples onto cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Brush outside with butter.
- Broil on each side until golden brown.
Easy, tasty, and fun... good for a special fall treat. I'd never had apples and cheese combined and was pleasantly suprised. I used 1/3 cup pie filling per sandwhich and extra sharp cheddar. I think some smoky bacon would be a nice addition to these sandwhiches... will try that next time. When I broiled the sandwhiches they toasted more quickly than the insides heated up, so I just microwaved it a tad at the end and then it was melty and toasty. These would be even better using home-made baked cinnamon apples.