Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty, hot cider with a splash of vanilla rum. Original recipe from Food Network, but has been modified and improved upon.
- 3 teaspoons orange rind (fresh)
- 2 crushed cinnamon sticks
- 3 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 3 cups apple juice
- vanilla rum (add to taste or omit)
- Mix all ingredients except the rum in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
- Allow to simmer 10 minutes, then remove from heat and filter. Divide into mugs, add a shot of vanilla rum (if desired),and enjoy!