Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe off the Food Network. I made up a batch for a Christmas party. We stat outside around the fire pit and sipped on the cider--Every one loved it. What makes this really nice is your guests can make it with or without the bourbon, and adjust the other ingredients as well. I put the hot cider in a thermos carafe with a pump on it, and placed the cinnamon sticks, spiced butter, rum-flavored whipped cream, and seasoned graham crackers out for them to help themselves for refills.
- Heat cider in non-reactive saucepan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Whip until butter becomes creamy and the ingredients are incorporated.
- Place graham crackers and pumpkin spice in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- Combine rum extract with Cool Whip.
- In a footed coffee glass, or mug, place a single cinnamon stick and a slice of the spiced butter.
- Pour 1 shot of whiskey (optional but recommended ;o)).
- Ladle the hot cider into the glass or mug.
- Garnish with a dollop of the rum-flavored topping and sprinkle on some graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Serve warm.
Instead of bourbon, use caramel vodka. Brings this drink to a whole new level
i made this without booze it was warm and very nice thank you dee