Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
I got this recipe off the Food Network. I made up a batch for a Christmas party. We stat outside around the fire pit and sipped on the cider--Every one loved it. What makes this really nice is your guests can make it with or without the bourbon, and adjust the other ingredients as well. I put the hot cider in a thermos carafe with a pump on it, and placed the cinnamon sticks, spiced butter, rum-flavored whipped cream, and seasoned graham crackers out for them to help themselves for refills.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 ounces Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cider in non-reactive saucepan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Whip until butter becomes creamy and the ingredients are incorporated.
- Place graham crackers and pumpkin spice in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- Combine rum extract with Cool Whip.
- In a footed coffee glass, or mug, place a single cinnamon stick and a slice of the spiced butter.
- Pour 1 shot of whiskey (optional but recommended ;o)).
- Ladle the hot cider into the glass or mug.
- Garnish with a dollop of the rum-flavored topping and sprinkle on some graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Serve warm.