Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
I got this recipe off the Food Network. I made up a batch for a Christmas party. We stat outside around the fire pit and sipped on the cider--Every one loved it. What makes this really nice is your guests can make it with or without the bourbon, and adjust the other ingredients as well. I put the hot cider in a thermos carafe with a pump on it, and placed the cinnamon sticks, spiced butter, rum-flavored whipped cream, and seasoned graham crackers out for them to help themselves for refills.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat cider in non-reactive saucepan.
- 2Combine butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Whip until butter becomes creamy and the ingredients are incorporated.
- 3Place graham crackers and pumpkin spice in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- 4Combine rum extract with Cool Whip.
- 5In a footed coffee glass, or mug, place a single cinnamon stick and a slice of the spiced butter.
- 6Pour 1 shot of whiskey (optional but recommended ;o)).
- 7Ladle the hot cider into the glass or mug.
- 8Garnish with a dollop of the rum-flavored topping and sprinkle on some graham cracker crumb mixture.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Apple Cider Toddy
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.6
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 265.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g