Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is for those of you who enjoy hot apple cider, but don't want to make a large batch of it!
- 177.44 ml apple cider or 177.44 ml apple juice
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- Combine apple cider and spices and sugar in a heat resistant mug that can go into the microwave.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave 2 minutes.
- Let stand until cool enough to drink.
- Remove spices if you don't want them floating in your cup while drinking cider, and remove spices if serving to a child.
This was tasty. I didn't have whole ingredients so I put 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp brown sugar in a tea bag. I put the tea bag in the apple juice, microwaved for 2 min, then let it steep for 3 additional minutes. Perfect when you want something hot but different than tea or coffee. Thanks for the idea!
SO delicious! The spices are spot on, this was so comforting whilst watching the rain fall from my kitchen!! Ridiculously easy to make and honestly wonderful. New favourite Apple cider!
SO tasty. The flavor is spot on. I, too, like another commenter, only had loose spices. It tastes bitter if you don't strain them out. What I did, was fashion a tea bag out of a coffee filter, and then followed the other review precisely. I'll copy and paste it: "1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp brown sugar in a tea bag. I put the tea bag in the apple juice, microwaved for 2 min, then let it steep for 3 additional minutes."<br/><br/><br/>So delicious! Perfect for the chillier weather. And so simple!