Recipe by pines506
This is a real pleaser. You can use 2 different types of lunch meat for a change of pace. I prefer using Italian bread instead of white.
- 1 loaf unsliced white bread
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 12 slices thin luncheon meat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Carefully trim crust from top of bread.
- At equal intervals make six diagonal cuts from top of loaf almost through to bottom.
- Place loaf on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Mix butter, onion, mustard, poppy seeds, lemon and pepper; reserve 3 tbsp of mixture.
- Spread butter mixture into cuts.
- Alternate two cheese slices and two meat slices in each cut allowing each to come slightly over the top and sides of bread.
- Spread reserved butter mixture over top and sides and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
- To serve cut through diagonal cuts between meat slices and bread.