Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not your folks' Chex snack mix. Another winner from the Chex cereal company.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size cheese crackers
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Melt margarine in large roasting pan in oven.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Good! I used Penzeys seasoned salt and 2 Tbl. Cholula hot sauce. It could have definitely been hotter, so I may try sriracha next time. Used additional Chex cereal instead of nuts. Today my goal is to clear out all of the cereal in my pantry:) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was nicely zesty and stored well. I did add a teaspoon of wasabi powder & used whole cashews in the first batch. The second I used dry roasted peanuts. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was good. I think I'd cut down on the seasoning salt next time (I used Lawry's). It was just a little too salty for me. Just a little! I took some reviewer suggestions and increased the butter a bit (I used 3/4 stick) and added 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder. I also had this ready in no time by using the microwave method of making Chex Mix. I melted the butter and spices in a large bowl in the microwave and then just stirred in all ingredients to coat. Then, I microwaved the mix one minute at a time, stirring after each minute, until it was crisp. It only took about 3 minutes, so this was a super fast snack to make! Good recipe.