Recipe by Chef Bronco
Lemony Spicy Cocktail Sauce better than any cocktail sauce I have tasted before.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
SPRING 2008 PAC RECIPE: Made this for a crawfish boil last weekend and it went over very well. It was a little "pepper" hot for me from the hot sauce, but that can be easily adjusted with the next batch. The addition of the celery really turned this into a good sauce.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup hot sauce, add more if you like it really hot. I use Tapatio
- 1 medium celery rib, diced very finely
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Ketchup and hot sauce together well. Add more depending on the heat you desire.
- Dice celery rib very finely.
- Grate the lemon to make fine lemon zest.
- Cut lemon and get all the juice you can.
- Add celery, zest and juice to ketchup/hot sauce mix.
- Serve with steamed shrimp.
- Shrimp can be added directly to the cocktail sauce and served all together or used as a dip.