Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
easy crockpot recipe... you can add as much hot sauce as you like to the recipe to make them medium to hot. A few reviews say that 1/2 cup makes them mild to medium only.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup bullseye barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (Franks Hot Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup billybee honey
- Clean and dry all the chicken wings well.
- Cut off the wing tips, and cut at the joints.
- Place all onto a broiler pan and broil for 10 minutes until browned, on all sides.
- Place all browned chicken pieces into crock pot.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Place lid onto slow cooker and cook on low 5 hours or high 2 1/2 hours.
I made these for a superbowl party and was dissapointed.I thought the flavor was very nice but not at all hot. I ended up adding about a tablespoon of ground red pepper and that warmed them up a little bit. No where near as hot as I expected. If I do make these again, it would be for my grandkids.
I took advise from others and added the cayenne pepper 1/2 tea. I also just cooked in the oven on a baking sheet not broiler pan cause I do not have. I ran out of hot sauce so I used 1/3 cup hotsauce n a few dashes of sarachi chilli sauce also had an extra teaspoon of brown sugar. Also i did not have mustard powder so used dijon mustard instead.They were sooo good my bf said they were better than bdubs n hooters. Score for this chick since he is a very picky eater. My advise to others would be too add half the hot sauce and add to your liking by taste testing which is what I did to get the right heatness. Btw this recipe is so simple n easy.
giving this one a 4 as of now because and only because I am cooking these now folks!! found many recipes but this one just stood out and...seem to be inexpensive..and hey who is not lookin for a bargain these days?! I will post again later-although I did read your reviews and we like sweet but HOTT! so thanks to you who said to add a lil more kick if you like hot..I will let you know..stay tuned..