Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the splendidtable.com. Goes great with roasts.
- 8 dried prunes, pitted and coarsely chopped
- water or club soda
- fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 medium onions, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rings
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon horseradish
- Soak prunes in water while preparing other ingredients. Lightly film the bottom of a 12-inch saute pan with oil. Heat over high and add onions, salt and pepper. Saute fast until onions start to color but are still crisp.
- Lower heat to medium low, stir in garlic and drained prunes and cook about 3 minutes. Off the heat, blend in capers and horse radish to taste. Sample for seasoning. Serve at room temperature.
So different and Good! Lots of different flavors. You have sweet, spicy, salty! Oh and pungent from my favorite Garlic! And that is oh so good!