Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
An adapted Paula Deen recipe I found online.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place green beans in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and chili powder.
- Sprinkle evenly over green beans.
- Place bacon slices, in a single layer, over sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Most unusual and tasty green beans with chili powder, brown sugar and bacon! I used fresh beans.