Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Taken directly from: Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo - my favorite paleo chef and writer!
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, white
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup coconut aminos
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In an oven-safe skillet or dutch-oven melt the ghee. Season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin side down in the melted ghee. Cook on medium to high for 5-6 minutes - until skin is dark brown and pulls away from the bottom of the pan easily.
- While the chicken is cooking on the stovetop, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl for the sauce.
- After the chicken has browned, flip the pieces over so they are skin side up. Pour the sauce over all, place in the hot oven.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.