Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Hometown Cooking magazine. It is not too spicy but it is delicious!
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic (or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, I use 2 cloves fresh minced)
- 1 -2 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- hot cooked rice
- For sauce~ in a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted.
- Arrange drumsticks in a single layer in 13x9 baking pan.
- Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat.
- Bake uncovered in a 350º oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks once during baking.
- Serve drumsticks over rice.
- If desired, spoon sauce from baking pan over chicken and rice.
Loved this! I only used 2 tsp of red pepper sauce because I had little ones at the table, and peach preserves instead of apricot which were so yummy. I also used a skinned cut-up chicken and baked at 350 for 1 hour, basting. Delightful with the rice and lemon broccoli!