Recipe by Juenessa
This sauce is delicious with grilled chicken or pork. It is a quick, simple Thai sauce.
Top Review by Beth A.
Fantastic dipping sauce! We were searching for a Sweet/Hot Thai dipping sauce to serve with an Asian appetizer sampler we had. At the grocery, they were sampling a store-bought sauce they sold there. I told my husband I thought we could do better than that, and thanks to my friends at Recipezaar, we did!! I can always count on someone here to come up with the best. The perfect ratio of sweet to hot. I will be using this recipe often. Thank you, Juenessa!
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minces (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes (preferably Thai)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and simmer 5 minutes.
- With a mortar and pestle or in a bowl with back of a spoon pound or mash garlic to a paste with salt.
- Add red pepper flakes and combine well.
- Stir garlic paste into vinegar and cool.
- Sauce keeps, sealed in a jar and chilled, 5 days.
- Serve sauce at room temperature in individual condiment bowls for dipping.