Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This sweet, hot, sour dipping sauce is great on California rolls. Adjust the red pepper flakes to give it as much kick as you desire.
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- Bring the vinegar to a boil in a small, non-reactive pot, and mix in sugar until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Mash the garlic and salt into a smooth paste, and mix into the pot.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Cool to room temperature before using, or store up to 2 days in the refrigerator.