Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
My husband loves to use tabbasco hot sauce on almost everything, so I made up this recipe for him.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce
- In a steamer set over boiling water, steam the carrots for 4 to 8 minutes, or until they are just tender, and transfer them to a bowl.
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the honey, hot sauce and the lemon juice, stirring until the mixture is smooth, and add the carrots.
- Cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the carrots are glazed evenly and heated through, and season it with salt and pepper.