Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker and we loved it. The sauce is so good served over rice. :)
Make and share this Hot and Sticky Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of, med
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup oyster mushroom (optional)
- 6 slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 15 -20 snow peas, strings trimmed
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, thawed (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- Prepared noodles or rice, for serving.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For stir-fry, wash, peel and cut carrots and sweet potato into 1/4 inch stick shaped.
- Tear mushrooms, if using, along gill lines into evenly sized strips.
- Cut asparagus into snow-pea-size lengths.
- Place a Wok or large skillet over med-hi heat and heat oil until it shimmers. Working in batches, if necessary, stir-fry carrot and sweet potato sticks for 2 minutes, until slightly dark and fragrant. Add asparagus and mushrooms, if using, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add snow peas and the sauce (and the first batch of stir-fried vegetables, if necessary).
- Cook, stirring constantly, for a minute or two until sauce comes to a boil and vegetables are well coated.
- (If using shrimp, add them at this point and toss to heat through).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- (Discard garlic from sauce, if desired).
- Divide among individual plates and sprinkle w/chopped parsley.
- Serve hot w/noodles or rice.
we really enjoyed this recipe. I am always looking for more ways to get tasty vegies into my boys and these vegies were a big hit. Lovely and flavorful. Next time I will add a bit more asparagus.
Delicious! The sweet and hot combo is wonderful with out being to hot for DH. Made using thin green beans in place of snow peas. The whole dish was yummy but the sauce was supper yummy on the sweet potato and carrots. Could have ate a whole plate of just sweet potato and carrots with the sauce. Thanks so much for the post.