Recipe by ~Nimz~
I got this recipe from a co-worker and we loved it. The sauce is so good served over rice. :)
Top Review by Heather W.
we really enjoyed this recipe. I am always looking for more ways to get tasty vegies into my boys and these vegies were a big hit. Lovely and flavorful. Next time I will add a bit more asparagus.
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of, med
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup oyster mushroom (optional)
- 6 slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 15 -20 snow peas, strings trimmed
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, thawed (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepared noodles or rice, for serving.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For stir-fry, wash, peel and cut carrots and sweet potato into 1/4 inch stick shaped.
- Tear mushrooms, if using, along gill lines into evenly sized strips.
- Cut asparagus into snow-pea-size lengths.
- Place a Wok or large skillet over med-hi heat and heat oil until it shimmers. Working in batches, if necessary, stir-fry carrot and sweet potato sticks for 2 minutes, until slightly dark and fragrant. Add asparagus and mushrooms, if using, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add snow peas and the sauce (and the first batch of stir-fried vegetables, if necessary).
- Cook, stirring constantly, for a minute or two until sauce comes to a boil and vegetables are well coated.
- (If using shrimp, add them at this point and toss to heat through).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- (Discard garlic from sauce, if desired).
- Divide among individual plates and sprinkle w/chopped parsley.
- Serve hot w/noodles or rice.