Hot and Spicy Zucchini Pickles
- In large bowl layer 1/3 zucchini, 1/3 ice, 1/3 salt. Repeat layering two more times. Weight down with heavy plate. Allow to sit at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Remove any of the remaining ice, and drain zucchini in colander.
- In large pot combine vinegar, water, sugar and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- To each hot sterlized pint jars add one red chilie pepper, one green chilie pepper, one bay leaf, 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed. Pack zucchini into jars leaving 1/2 headspace.
- Pot hot vinegar mixture into jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove any bubbles. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in water bath for 10 minute, start timing once water is boiling.