Chef #966418's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (more or less)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot mung bean paste or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon szechwan chili sauce or 1/2 tablespoon any hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarsely
- wakame seaweed (dried seaweed) (optional)
- ramen noodles (optional)
- 1Press the water out of the tofu.
- 2Wrap the tofu in plastic wrap, and put the tofu in the freezer overnight.
- 3Remove the tofu from the refrigerator and let thaw in hot water.
- 4Cut tofu into small 1/2-inch square cubes.
- 5In a large soup pot, heat up the oil; add tofu and stir around until tofu is brown on the edges (10 minutes). Add onion, garlic and 1/2 cup of stock. Stir until vegetables are soft - about 10 minutes).
- 6Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- 7Add cooked noodles prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Spicy Tofu Soup
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1020.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth
szechwan chili sauce