Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil, Chopped
- 2 lbs raw shrimp in shells
- 1 teaspoon thyme, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, Chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepper, Ground, cayenne
- Shrimp should be of a size to number 30-35 per pound.
- Melt the Butter and Oil in a flameproof baking dish.
- Add the Garlic, herbs, Peppers, bay leaves, Paprika, and Lemon juice, and bring to a bOil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the dish from the heat and let the flavors marry at least 30 minutes.
- This hot Butter Sauce can be made a day in advance and refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Reheat the Sauce, add the shrimp, and cook over medium heat until the shrimp just turn pink, then bake in the oven about 30 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning, adding Salt if necessary.
If you like spicy then this recipe is for you. This recipe is pretty easy. Next time I make this dish I will cut the sauce in half.