Recipe by mranaz
I had this at a friend's house, for Thanksgiving a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since. This is the only way to roast your whole turkey, especially if you love spicy foods. Can also be made using two whole chickens.
- 1 whole turkey
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup black pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Minus the turkey, put all of the above ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a deep pan, pour mixture over top of turkey - cook with breast down/upside down.
- Cook at 500°F first 15 minutes.
- Lower to 350°F & cook 20 minutes per pound.
- Use leftover drippings as sauce for turkey, potatoes or stuffing.