- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lbs meaty pork spareribs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingrediants except ribs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill to medium-hot and prepare for indirect cooking.
- Place ribs bone-side down on grill rack.
- Cover and grill for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until ribs are tender, brushing with sauce the last 15 minutes of grilling.