Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! These peanuts are addicting! They are easy to make and would be great for a party. Make sure to drain very well after cooking or they will be greasy. The recipe comes from the Betty Crocker Christmas cookbook.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, use more if you like
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in the peanuts, chili powder, and red pepper.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until peanuts are warm. Drain well on paper towels.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over peanuts and toss to combine. Cool completely.
- May be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
Delish! At first I thought the seasonings tasted too raw but after letting them sit for a day they were perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent snack! I added cumin and some icing sugar for a sweet/salty/sour taste that is addicting! Great recipe!
I cannot honestly understand why the person making comment #4 would give them to a small child. And if they are 4 years old, they are hardly a "baby" anymore. But I digress on such stupidity. This is an easy, awesome recipe.