Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was inspired by PaulaG's Creamy Cheesy Crab Salad. Very very yum yum! Passive work time is chill time.
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup onion, your preference, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned green pepper, very well drained
- 8 -10 grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream, use more to taste if desired
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Serve chilled with crackers or tostadas.
- Use more or less of the cottage cheese depending on your taste. Same applies for the hot sauce. Make sure everything is well drained or you will have a very watery salad.
This was excellent! Loved the cottage cheese instead of mayo, I had some leftover grilled pineapple, so chopped that and added it, along with some chopped olives. Yummy!! Thanks for submitting! I forgot the stars!