Recipe by Helping Hands
This is a great side dish for a variety of main dishes! I serve it at Christmas every year with prime rib and horseradish, which is a great combo, because the zingy taste of this dish works so well with the horseradish. It is not as spicy as it sounds -it's actually a nice, mild spiciness, but the green chiles and cream cheese really jazzes up corn (I have also made it with jalapenos to spice it up a notch). Posted upon request! :-)
Top Review by flower7
Oh so yummy! Easy and fast too. I had 1/2 pkg of cream cheese, 1/2 can of green chiles and 1/2 cup shredded cheese in my fridge when I came across this recipe today. The only thing I was missing to make 1/4 recipe was a can of corn but I did find a partial bag (10 oz) of frozen corn in the bottom of the freezer (which worked great.) lol Mixed this up and it was a perfect use for all those leftover bits in my fridge & freezer. Delicious! I will be making this one again for sure! Thanks so much for the recipe!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, cream cheese, and milk, stirring until smooth.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, combine corn and green chiles.
- Pour mixture over top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.