Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made these this Christmas as a "nibbling" food, and my family really liked them. They must have been nibbling big time, because these cocktail nuts were all gone before I knew it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 lb unsalted mixed nuts
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over low heat. Add the worcestershire sauce, paprika, hot pepper sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne. Mix well.
- Add the nuts and toss well to coat. Cook for 20-25 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently, until the nuts are lightly toasted. Drain on paper towels and serve hot, or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
i doubled the recipe and used unsalted peanuts and unsalted pretzels. the flavor was good, but left something to be desired. i added a lot of extra cayenne, but they still weren't what i'd consider spicy. thanks so much for the recipe!
These are very moorish and I have enjoyed a delightful munch. I did feel they could be hotter but from past experience give them 24 hours and their flavour and heat will develop. Thank you Taste Tester, made for Aussie Swap #25 February 2009.