Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick weeknight supper.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- Reserve seasoning packet from noodles. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Mix waer, pesto, cornstarch, chili puree and contents of seasoning packet; set aside.
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Add carrot and onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in pesto mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute. Add noodles; toss to coat.
I made this recipe to share with two of my fellow teachers for lunch. One said, "That lunch was amazing! It was so yummy. The spice level was great and I loved the noodles with it." The other said, "That was fantastic! Not too spicy and it had great flavor." Needless to say, we all enjoyed it! This recipe is quick and easy to put together. So flavorful. Note to future reviewers: I would highly recommend cooking the ramen noodles LAST. If you make them first they turn into a congealed mass that is hard to separate, even when adding them to the sauce. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Chai Latte 2 Go! ***Made for Fall PAC 2012***