Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was submitted by Reshma Bhat to the Thursday magazine and was published in the issue dated August 12-18th'2005. Enjoy!
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 small potatoes, chopped into medium-sized cubes
- 1 cup green peas, shelled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cups fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 4 -5 green chilies
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- Soak the cauliflower florets in lukewarm water to which you have to first add salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Grind together the corriander leaves, coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves and ginger.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the onions in it till golden brown.
- Add the ground masala and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all the dry masalas, i.e., red chilli, turmeric, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the greenpeas, potatoes and rinsed and drained cauliflower florets.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed white Basmati rice or naan or paratha or rotis, as you like alongwith a bowl of raita or yoghurt on the side.