Recipe by Elise and family
Very quick, high in protein and fibre, spicy and hot, with a comforting cheesy topping, this is a standard for our family!
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, niblits
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, not rinsed
- 8 pieces sliced hot peppers, Aurora brand (in oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chile
- 1⁄3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty corn and beans in their juice into a pot and mix together.
- Warm on meduim-low until heated through, about 7 minutes - if the liquid starts to boil and the corn begins to smell like popcorn, it is overcooked and will not taste as good.
- If using chili peppers, add at the end of cooking time and stir to spread flavor evenly.
- If using Aurora hot peppers, chop and add as topping to beans and corn once served. (Add a drizzle of oil from the pepper jar for extra spice.).
- Divide beans and corn between two plates, add Aurora hot peppers and sprinkle cheese as topping.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!