Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce is great on ribs, chicken, burgers, pork chops and steaks. This recipe is one of my brothers that he swears is his own creation. It is a Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce, you don't have to use as much of the hot sauce as the recipe calls for. That is the way my brother likes it, "Nice and Hot".
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups ketchup, any brand
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 -8 dashes louisiana hot sauce (use more for a hotter taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour sauce through strainer to remove onion and garlic.
- Adjust All Seasonings To Your Own Taste.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
The sauce has a really good flavor, but I didn't find it hot at all. I ended up having to add more hot sauce and some cayenne pepper to perk it up a bit.
I loved this sauce! I marinated my chicken in it then used more for dipping on the side, the whole family LOVED it! Made for ZWT 3!