Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy dip to put together in the crockpot for all occasions. This dip is enjoyed by everyone I have made it for; some even forgo dinner for this. Can be lightened up by using light and fat free ingredients.
- 2 (15 ounce) canswater packed artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese (I have used Italian blend also)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapenos (not pickled)
- tortilla chips, pita chips, chopped assorted veggies
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot.
- Heat on high til warmed.
- Turn to low to keep warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, and/or veggies.
This was a great dip for me to bring to a family Christmas gathering last night. I will say however that the majority didn't think this was spicy in the least. It could have been my can of jalapeno's weren't spicy enough as I bought mild. Stuck to the recipe except I used 1 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 cup of shredded swiss. A rich tasting dip that also makes alot.
This is the recipe I have been waiting for! I have also made it without the sour cream and it is just as good.
It tasted ok; not bad but not good either. I won't be making this again. I would suggest less mayonnaise, maybe? For how many calories are in this dip I think it should taste great not fair. I followed the directions exactly and used all of the ingrediants. I did not like the consistancy of this dip (too much mayo) and it was barely touched at the potluck I brought it to.