Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adopted this recipe a while ago and have changed the amount of salt. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup which seemed far too much.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add worcestershire sauce, cumin, sugar, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the nuts and stir to coat evenly with seasonings.
- Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and toss with sea salt.
I loved the combination of spices, but the 1/2 cup salt was too much. Will try again with less salt. Thanks for posting.
I only used 1 cup of almonds as I am by myself at the moment! I still used the full amount of cayenne pepper and cumin however, as I love spicy things. These were delicious and so easy to make. I added sea salt to taste and also a sprinkling of smoked paprika for an extra depth of flavour, Made for Hot and Spicy in the Photos forum, merci HappyBunny! FT:-)
What a great way to jazz up almonds! Just added a sprinkle of salt, instead of 1/2 cup, still tasted awesome. I will definitely be stocking up on these before Christmas. Thanks for posting!