Recipe by Derf
A delicious way to use leftover turkey. A quick,light, boxing day lunch, or any time. From Better Homes & Gardens
Top Review by Whattocook
I love this soup. I've made it several times to use up leftover turkey or chicken. I've substituted vegetables I have on hand like celery and frozen peas and it's just as good. I also leave out the sugar, because I like the tanginess of the vinegar. Thanks for posting this.
- 828.06 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar or 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce or 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml grated gingerroot
- 1.23-2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml cold water
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked turkey
- 473.18 ml sliced bok choy
- 170.09 g pea pods (fresh or frozen)
- 1 beaten egg
- 44.37 ml thinly sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, gingerroot and pepper, Use a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, Stir together cornstarch and cold water.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in turkey, bok choy and pea pods.
- Pour the egg slowly, into the soup, in a steady stream while stirring 2 or 3 times to create shreds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in green onions.