1/1 Photo of Hot and Sour Turkey Soup
A delicious way to use leftover turkey. A quick,light, boxing day lunch, or any time. From Better Homes & Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 6 ounces pea pods (fresh or frozen)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1Combine chicken broth, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, gingerroot and pepper, Use a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to boiling.
- 3Meanwhile, Stir together cornstarch and cold water.
- 4Stir into broth mixture.
- 5Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 7Stir in turkey, bok choy and pea pods.
- 8Pour the egg slowly, into the soup, in a steady stream while stirring 2 or 3 times to create shreds.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 1250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 30.2 g