A delicious way to use leftover turkey. A quick,light, boxing day lunch, or any time. From Better Homes & Gardens
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 6 ounces pea pods (fresh or frozen)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Combine chicken broth, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, gingerroot and pepper, Use a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, Stir together cornstarch and cold water.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in turkey, bok choy and pea pods.
- Pour the egg slowly, into the soup, in a steady stream while stirring 2 or 3 times to create shreds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in green onions.