Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Thai inspired soup with light delicate flavours.
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 chili pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 2 fresh lime leaves (optional)
- 175 g thread egg noodles
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- Slice the kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil and add the corn, lemongrass, chilli, shallot, pepper and spring onion. Cook for 4 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk, stock and lime leaves if using. bring to boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemon grass and add noodles cook for a further 5 mins until noodles are soft.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice and coriander. Serve immediately.