Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple asian-style soup that's easy to spice up just the way you like it.
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tom yam paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender inner part only, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 small fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 g button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 500 g peeled raw prawns
- 5 small spring onions, cut into short lengths and then into strips
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- Heat the stock and tom yam paste in a good sized pot with the lime leaves, lemon grass, lime juice, fish sauce, chillies and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and add the mushrooms, simmering for a couple more minutes.
- Add prawns and spring onions, cooking for a further 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are cooked but tender.
- Sprinkle with a little coriander and serve.
Outstanding! I reduced the chillies to two and added fine rice noodles. I'm off to delete all the other hot and sour soup recipes from my cookbook now. I've found my perfect recipe! Thanks for posting this Friedel :)