Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bon Appétit | June 2006
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 8 ounces napa cabbage, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped fresh green onion
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir until beginning to stick to pan, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, and minced ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms. Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage; cook until beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir in lime juice.
- Divide soup among bowls; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and green onions and serve.