- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 9 ounces firm tofu, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons chili paste (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- 2 medium scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, stir together broth, mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots, vinegar, soy sauce and hot sauce/chili paste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minute.
- Stir in dissolved cornstarch and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with sliced scallion.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.