1/2 Photos of Hot and Sour Soup
This is my family's very favorite soup! It taste just like take-out! It's quick and easy. I have been making it for years. Have a cold? Forget that plain old chicken soup! ***IMPORTANT TIP*** I suggest making this soup a day or two ahead to let the vegetables and tofu marinate! Then just heat and serve. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 lb julienned lean pork or 1/4 lb chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 (15 ounce) can peeled straw mushrooms
- 1/2 ounce dried black fungus (soak in water for an hour before using)
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby sweet corn cobs
- 1/2 lb soft tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- finely chopped scallion (to garnish)
- 1Bring stock to a simmer, add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms& chile paste, simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add meat, pepper, vinegar, bamboo, baby corn, water chestnuts, fungus and tofu, simmer 10 min Mix cornstarch with 5 tbsp water and add.
- 3bring back to a simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface.
- 4Let stand for 10 seconds before gently stirring in the sesame oil.
- 5Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 610.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste
dried black fungus
baby sweet corn cobs