Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly.
- 1⁄2 cup cloud ear mushrooms
- 30 g dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 3 cups water
- 2 small chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 250 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place fungus and mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water, stand 20 minutes, drain.
- Chop fungus finely.
- Discard mushrooms stems, slice mushroom caps.
- Combine rice wine, water and stock cubes, in a pan, bring to a boil, add fungus and mushrooms, carrot, chilli, sugar, vinegar and sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or unil carrot is tender.
- Add chicken and green onions, simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.