Recipe by Engrossed
This is easy, tasty and healthy!
Top Review by Rita~
I used dried shiitake mushrooms that I soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, Sliced and strained the liquid into the soup. Used fresh ground pepper flakes a nice kick! And fresh sliced cabbage added a carrot which did need more then 5 minutes of cooking more like 20 minutes. ;) Was just so good and comforting! Thanks, L,L,& L, Rita
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, with carrots shredded or 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and shred chicken. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and chile oil or red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Stir in chicken and coleslaw mix or napa cabbage; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup combine cornstarch with water. Stir into soup; simmer about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil.