1/2 Photos of Hot and Sour Soup
This is easy, tasty and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, with carrots shredded or 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1Cook and shred chicken. Set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and chile oil or red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in chicken and coleslaw mix or napa cabbage; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl or cup combine cornstarch with water. Stir into soup; simmer about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 953.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar