1/2 Photos of Hot and Sour Soup
This is easy, tasty and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, with carrots shredded or 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1Cook and shred chicken. Set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and chile oil or red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in chicken and coleslaw mix or napa cabbage; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl or cup combine cornstarch with water. Stir into soup; simmer about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 953.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar