Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb medium-size fresh unpeeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (31 ounce) package fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved diagonally
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (cook without salt or fat)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine shrimp and next 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl; stir well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Discard stems from mushrooms.
- Cut mushrooms tops in half; set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and shrimp; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add mushroom tops; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve over rice.
Wonderful! My DH says this is definitely a "keeper." To stretch it a little farther, I added a couple of handfuls of bean sprouts and 4 oz of sliced white mushrooms in with the shiitakes. This will be a regular in my kitchen.
this is excellent! i made this as part of an asian themed dinner and this dish was the first to disappear. the only thing i changed was to use 2 tsp of sambal olek instead of pepper flakes. i used 8 fresh shitake caps which i sliced, and i also sliced the pea pods vertically and used some for garnish. quick, simple and delicious