Recipe by Bev
This sauce recipe is enough to coat 3/4 pound beef, chicken, pork, seafood, or tofu plus 1 1/2 pounds chopped vegetables and aromatics such as garlic, ginger and scallions. From Cook's Illustrated.
Top Review by KP in Canada
Jalapenos really make this sauce (I was looking for a way to use up the ones in my garden). The only thing I did differently was to mix 1 tb. of cornstarch with 2 tb. of water, and mix it in with the sauce. Will use this one again!Fabulous and easy!
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced jalapenos or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons other fresh chili peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and set aside until needed (Sauce can be prepared a few hours in advance.) Once all ingredients have been stir-fried, add sauce to pan along with any ingredients that have been stir-fried and then removed from pan.
- Stir-fry until ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot, about 1 minute.