From the New Zealand magazine Cuisine. I haven't made this, but plan to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 600 g fresh salmon, skinned,de-boned,sliced in 1 cm strips
- 4 baby bok choy, well washed,trimmed
- 2 small red chilies, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 -4 limes, juice of
- 1/2 cup roughly torn coriander leaves
- 1Place the stock and ginger in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2Strain to remove the ginger; discard.
- 3Return stock to the pan, add salmon strips, bok choy and chilli to the stock, simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- 4Lastly add soy sauce, and sugar and lime juice to taste and to achieve a balanced hot, sweet, salty, sour flavour.
- 5Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with torn coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Salmon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 959.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: