Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome potato dish to serve with B.B.Qs. or cold meats, excellent with chicken,pork chops even steak and of course curries. Easy to prepare and cook, this is a dish you will make time and again. This is so simple that I forgot to post it years ago. Better than mash and simpler that roast, what more could you ask for.
- 2 lbs potatoes, precooked and cold diced into 1-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 10 fluid ounces water
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the mustard seeds, when they start to sputter add the onions, and garlic. Cook till onions are light golden in colour.
- Add the chilli powder and paprika, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- add the potatoes, salt, water and lemon juice, stir and cook till potatoes are well heated through.