Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 ounce dried Chinese mushrooms
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth or 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork, cut into julienne strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl pour enough boiling water over mushrooms to cover. Let stand up to 30 minutes; drain.
- In large saucepot combine mushrooms, broth, orange juice, pork, carrots, water chestnuts, soy sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until pork is cooked.
- Add tofu, vinegar and Tabasco sauce.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to soup.
- Stir constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for one minute.