Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another from the throw-together vault. Waste not, want not and all.
Make and share this Hot and Sour Leftover Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 297.66 g can beef consomme
- 297.66 g water, added to prepare the consomme
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 709.77 ml water
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml leek, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 28.39 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 226.79 g extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 egg whites, medium
- 14.79 ml garlic salt
- Mix the water, consommé and bullion in a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, leeks, and parsley to the boiling broth, and continue to boil.
- After 5 minutes, add vinegar, lime juice and soy sauce. Continue to boil until carrots are tender.
- Add tofu and garlic salt to soup, and bring back to a boil for 3 minutes or so.
- Lower heat to medium, and drizzle egg whites into soup. Simmer until egg whites are firm.
- Serve hot. I had mine over a small quantity of whole wheat pasta, and that was pretty good.